Friday, February 1, 2008

A Big Milestone

I surpised daddy the other day when he came into my room in the morning to get me up for school. I was sitting up in my crib, grinning like the chesire cat. I had pulled myself up to sitting position on my for the very first time!

Then, I showed mommy how I do it. With her watching, I rolled over, bent my legs, and rocked myself into a sitting position.

And tonight, just to prove that I have the trick down, I did it on demand with the whole family watching and the camera rolling. Here's the sequence:






I am so proud of myself I clapped when I finished! YAY!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh my! You are so proud with good reason. Tricks like "sit up on my own" are to be applauded. I'm sure your Mommie and Daddy are very pleased- Did I see a valentine on your bottom?? Love, Gran

Confirmation Team said...

Soph,, I am so proud of you! WAY TO GO! You are going to be up and around before we know it! Thanks for sharing your new trick with us!

Ada said...

Sophie- I am so excited...you are on the move! Ada is clapping for you too!
I have two special songs as your new mantra:
Well I been thinking Tbout the future
But I'm too young to pretend
It's such a waste to always look behind you
Should be lookin' straight ahead
and...
like to move it, move it
I like to move it, move it
I like to move it, move it
Ya like to ("Move it")