Friday, December 7, 2007

St Benard's Snowy Day



The snow is beautiful! I am so lucky: we have had the snowiest December in years. The chances of a white Christmas are looking really good! The snow blanketing the lawn and hugging the forest impart a sense of peace and timelessness. It is so much better than ugly brown leaves and soggy mud.




On Thursday, daddy picked me up from daycare early becuase it was starting to snow very hard. We layed on the bed in the upstairs master bedroom and opened all the shades on the windows. As Skye and Nali played, we stared out the window at the magical crystals falling everywhere. It was wonderful!




Today, we went to Granmimi's farm to meet her new St Bernard puppies: Zermatt, Mattie (for Matterhorn), and Blanc. I was a little frightened at first, becuase they were nothing like my sisters. But I got used to the idea and touched they very new, very soft fur. Outside in snow, Denali played with Marilyn, one of the adult Saints. St Bernards really like snow, so they are especially happy now!

1 comment:

Ada said...

Puppies and snow what else could you possibly want- this calls for a song:
Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of Pauseping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!